Old 22-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Anton Nijhuis

Default [IBC] new die grinder

Another serious consideration for amateur or pro is to go into air
tools, after the initial investment of a compressor, anywhere from $200
to $800 the actual air tools are very very cheap.They last for a long
time and I have yet to wear out a die grinder that I have been using
daily for the past 13 years. I have two die grinders, one straight and
one angle grinder, they both came with 1/4" and 1/2" collets. I paid $35
Canadian for each and you can probably get them for $20 US at Home
Depot. Most air tools are variable speed, safe under wet conditions and
just require a simple daily oiling. They are much smaller, lighter than
their electrical counterparts, and very powerful you can not burn them
out, I have tried.

I no longer use a Dremel or a Foredom (I still have them though), I wore
out too many Foredom flex shafts. Other air tools are sandblaster, $19
great for cleaning out the deadwood and getting that real natural look.
A sandblaster works wonders on lime sulfur bleached white wood, a light
sand blast creates contrast along the wood, gets rid of the fuzzies and
eliminates hard to reach rotten wood quickly.

Anton

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++