Old 22-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Bob Hobden

Default OT. new antispam laws in the US

"JennyC" wrote in message after me
For those that don't know about it.....

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/031122/80/eeo1i.html

Yippee - now the rest of the world.............

Well seeing as most of the worlds spam comes from about 200 people, mostly
from the US, and one town in Florida is known as the Spam Capital of the
World it has to be excellent news if the law is worded correctly and
policed.

Trouble is the US wanted an "Opt Out" law unlike the EU which wants an "Op
In" law, I'm not sure about this present bill though. One thing is, it would
be illegal for them to hide their ID as they do now.

Any control must be better than now, we get about 100 spam's per day.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.