Old 22-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Shell91

Default Another English Ivy Question

It sure is. What we threw away was a brown twig with no leaves and about 2
inches long. We had to hire some people three times to get it cut back and
there are still patches of the ivy all along the fence line just waiting for
the new fence to be put up

Shell

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Shell91" wrote in message
y.com...
The English Ivy that ate my back yard and half the neighbor's yard

started
as a little brown stick my dad thought was dead and threw in a very

shady
corner in the back yard. Unfortunately right by the power line pole.

It
is
a nice shady and damp area. English Ivy will grow anywhere, usually

where
you don't want it in my experience, even when you think it's dead.

Shell

I had a small blue spruce topiary growing in a large pot with some English
ivy at the base. The spruce needed to be transplanted because it outgrew
the container. I removed all the ivy I could, hacking it down to the

roots.
Six months later, I found it growing in the area where I transplanted the
spruce. I had been checking all summer to make sure I got it all. It's
very hearty stuff!!!