Old 22-11-2003, 10:02 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Cannabis Growing

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 01:16:21 -0000, CW
wrote:

Any useful hints and tips for growing cannabis .

I would like to hear more relevant answers to the OP's question.

I did grow some 30 years ago when the seeds were sold in Dobies
catalogue. If I recall they grew to about 5 - 6 feet high. I think I
just composted them at the end of summer, not knowing what to do with
them.
What would have happened if I had left them? they are not frost hardy
are they?

Also, what is the difference between the plants grown for leaves and
those for fibre? What about the flowers? Are they used also? I'm
innocent of these things, just curious.

As far as I know, only the leaves are used for smoking.

An old retired Cape Coloured man called Oujan, now long deceased, lived in
an isolated cottage with a small piece of land at the foot of Waaihoek
mountain in the Cape Province. He used the land solely for growing dagga
(cannabis) and rooibos tea (a very astringent tizane) for his own use.
Members of the Cape Town University Mountaineering Club used to drop in on
Oujan for a cup of rooibos and a pipe of dagga before starting the slog up
the mountain. The stuff which was smoked was plain, dried, untreated
leaves in an ordinary tobacco pipe.

Franz