Old 23-11-2003, 02:02 PM
klara

Default OT. new antispam laws in the US

In message , Bob Hobden
writes
Trouble is the US wanted an "Opt Out" law unlike the EU which wants an
"Op In" law, I'm not sure about this present bill though. One thing is,
it would be illegal for them to hide their ID as they do now.

Any control must be better than now, we get about 100 spam's per day.

Horrible thought: I've just trawled through news reports on this, and
found:

"For the first time during the Internet era, American consumers will
have the ability to say no to spam," said Rep. Billy Tauzin, R-La., who
spearheaded the negotiations.

Could that mean that somehow the rest of us won't be able to opt out!!??
(So far today we've had over 200 spam - do you suppose the spammers are
all going mad before they are nipped in the bud?)

Klara