Old 23-11-2003, 05:12 PM
john rutz

Default The old hole in the ice issue

Gale Pearce wrote:
I use an airpump myself, but many use a pump like you describe, although
I've never heard of putting it in a filter box
I think the big question is how much water do you have over your pump vs
how thick your ice will get in your area - there must be others here in your
area to let you know from experience how many inches of ice to expect, then
allow yourself some leeway - as long as the filterbox will let water in to
the pump (and doesn't plug up) you will be fine - IMO
Gale :~)
.

I did that my first winter, it worked Ok even with 6 in of ice, the out
put from the filter box developed I nice Ice fall but the water kept
flowin under it ( the pump was about a foot down )

John Rutz