Old 23-11-2003, 06:22 PM

Default Shades of the Petswarehouse Lawsuit!

Yep,
But I believe it hurts a business a lot if they lose the court of
public opinion here on the net. Even if they can beat up on a few very
skeptical people with the law. One or two comments is one thing from a
poster, but if the person keeps posting nasty stuff about a company,
then the company should go after them some. Slander is not good and
should never be done.

But I will be critical of product even if I have not tried it if they
cannot
explain how/why it works. A business does not have the right to
surpress questioning and by ignoring the questions, they invite this
type of situation to arise. Again, they hang themselves by their own
rope. They created the issues, not the potential customer.

One or two post should certainly be ignored or be addressed on topic
about their claims by the company.

Last I checked, a sciencist cost less than a lawyer
And you will get much good will from them vs a lawyer(which no body
likes:-)

Regards,
Tom Barr

Chuck Gadd wrote in message . ..
On 22 Nov 2003 10:54:18 -0800,
) wrote:

Your selling something that requires this approach in sales
By not doing that, it makes the consumer both paranoid/suspicious and
also the mere fact that you threaten instead of discussing gives a
horrid taste in ANY consumer's mouth.

I definitely agree with this point. I have my opinion on the product
in question based on the pseudo-scientific descriptions, but what
makes me most skeptical is that rather than debate the science, they
consult lawyers. If there is solid science behind a product, then
that seems that discussing that science would be the best way to
response to critics.

If I was selling a product that WAS snake-oil, then my only way to
challenge critics would be thru a lawyer.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua