Old 23-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Bay Trees

In article ,
Andy Sanson wrote:
I'm interested in growing bay trees from seed. Does anyone have any
experience of this and also know of suppliers of seeds in th UK?

For reasons I don't know, I have not seen it set seed in the UK,
though I can't say I have looked very hard. Quite a lot of plants
from warmer climates flower well (as it does) but don't set seed.
Or it could be that most clones are of one sex (it is dioecious)
or for several other reasons.

Chiltern have seeds, at a couple of quid for 8. How many are you
looking for? If a lot, you may need to contact someone further
south.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.