Old 23-11-2003, 10:02 PM

Default A late fall fairy moment and bad dawg boredom

it is best to give chicken with bones raw as they digest em the best, get the most
nutrition. but even cooked chicken bones are mostly air, and the acid in the dogs
stomach dissolves such thin bones. and this is what a vet told me when I was
concerned about my ESS eating cooked chicken bones. bird dogs wont eat raw bird, but
they LOVE cooked bird. thats why they bring the birds back to their master, to cook
em for them... LOL. my little guys get frozen chicken wing tips. it is highly
recommended for keeping the plaque off their teeth and their teeth well exercised so
they dont lose their teeth early, as most toy dogs do. Ingrid

GaryM wrote:
Chicken bones? I'm no dog expert but I have seen a dog suffer from
internal lacerations from chicken bones. Not a pleasant way to go.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.