Old 23-11-2003, 11:17 PM
Jane Ransom

Default OT. new antispam laws in the US

In article , martin
writes
~Believe me BOUNCING SPAM WORKS )))))))))))))

How does one do it please? I have a really old version of Agent and I
don't think it can bounce stuff.

I use Turnpike so can't tell you if Agent has that capability - sorry

You have to use something like Mailwasher.

No you don't, you just have to use a good mail reader - we use Turnpike.

Unfortunately some Spam
uses forged FROM: and you could get into trouble by bouncing to
innocent people.

The spammers from harvested addresses are businesses touting for more
business - they want replies to their adverts, they do not want bounced
stuff. Therefore they take you off their mailing list if you do not
appear to be a valid address.

Most spammer sites ignore bounced mail.

Nope . . . . you are WRONG.
After bouncing the mails that came to us after my husband's little
lapse, WE DO NOT RECEIVE ANY SPAM on that mailbox.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.