Old 23-11-2003, 11:17 PM
jane

Default Well rotted manure

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:53:38 -0000, "Mark Allison" nomail@please
wrote:

~Hi,
~
~A local farmer has 40 tons of manure which has been rotting for three years.
~Is this stuff worth putting on the garden? I have a heavy clay soil, and
~planned on mixing this with some sharp sand. he also said he could offer me
~fresh stuff, "as and when it comes in". Would I be better off waiting for
~the fresh stuff?
~
Great - go and grab it now. Where is this farmer? Perhaps I could help
you put a dent in the heap :-)

--
jane

Mark Twain