Old 24-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] winter care

Ha! I don't really have a break where I can't do
anything. Out here in California, I went out and
weeded some of the stock plants today in the bright
sunshine, in a sweater, slacks and sandals. I planted
miniature iris in accent plant pots, 6” tall when they
bloom. Have to put the other bulbs in the frig, or
they will sprout. Most of my stuff still has leaves.
The elms go dormant in January, if at all. All my
maples are still clothed in their red leaves. I did
throw a sheet over the succulents as we may have a
frost tonight. Then the maples will show winter
silhouettes.

Kitsune Miko

--- Craig Cowing wrote:
Carl L Rosner wrote:

I do feel sorry for you Craig.... A small portion

of my trees will go
into the garage sometimes after Thanksgiving, I

guess...(we haven't
had that much cold weather...). But while you

have idle hands, I will
be playing with my forty some tropicals in my

heated, "Tree House" and
loving every minute of the winter. 8-)

Carl L. Rosner-near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner

Nothing to feel sorry about, Carl! I have three
Kingsville boxwoods to
fool around with, along with assorted tropicals, a
couple of jade
plants, and undoubtedly some more succulents will
work their way into
the house during the winter! Plus, I have plenty of
viewing stones I
can make daizas for.

Craig Cowing
NY