Old 24-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Fran

Default Test

"len gardener" wrote in message

yep but handy runs out when resources such as usable or needed
material aren't around,

Don't ya just hate that? Obviously you live where too many people know the
value of having a good PUS pile. Round here people still throw out good
stuff - too many well off people with aspirations of living a TV lifestyle.

yep there are certainly some noticable changes around here all for the
better, even some of our early tree plantings are looking noticable,
of course the citrus and stone fruit orchid looks a dream those trees
are growing up a storm and giving us fruit in season.

That all sounds quite excellent progress. Let us know when you do some more
pics of the plants for your site. I have a lemon which has now survived 2
winters but it hasn't grown at all. I'm going to start feeding it lots and
see if it will get a wriggle on. I has flowers now but now more new leaves.
I might ask Himself to start peeing on it as the last duty before goign to
bed. I seem to remember from somewhere that this is supposed to be very
good for lemons.

Last yearw e planted 2 apples and they have taken off like rockets and my
eating grape is also doing well so I'm pleased with them.

got some casuarina seedlings off of ted

Lovely trees -always make me think of poetry as Paterson writes of the wind
in the casuarina trees.

want some pods from it let me know and I can send you some.

i would need to find out how to germinate them but yes all donations
gratefully accepted,

Accacias are dead easy. All you do is drop the seeds into freshly boiled
water (poured from thekettle into some sort of container) add the seeds,
leave to soak overnight and then plant in seed raising mix next day and keep
warmish till they germinate.

we are wanting to create an area of cas's and
white cedar + whatever else for the black cockatoos, we see quiet a
few yellow tailed one's but very few red tailed one's. had the luxury
of having 4 reds spend some time around our place and next door last
week they where eating the black acacia seeds.

Wow - sounds glorious. I love the black cockies. I don't think I've ever
seen thered tailed ones but we certainly get the big yellow tailed ones.
The fly over screeching and raving to each other every now and then.

last but not least the horse radish sadly succumbed to drought
conditions, and we thought it was invincibale, so we never got to
using it's cullenary delights.

Well that is a surprise. Mine is certainly being as tough as an old boot.

Let me know your snail addy and I'll send you some more horseradish and the
pods as they become ripe.