Old 24-11-2003, 11:03 AM
jane

Default OT. new antispam laws in the US

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:11:38 +0000, Jane Ransom
wrote:

~In article , martin
writes
~~Believe me BOUNCING SPAM WORKS )))))))))))))
~
~How does one do it please? I have a really old version of Agent and I
~don't think it can bounce stuff.
~
~I use Turnpike so can't tell you if Agent has that capability - sorry
~
~You have to use something like Mailwasher.
~
~No you don't, you just have to use a good mail reader - we use Turnpike.
~
~Unfortunately some Spam
~uses forged FROM: and you could get into trouble by bouncing to
~innocent people.
~
~The spammers from harvested addresses are businesses touting for more
~business - they want replies to their adverts, they do not want bounced
~stuff. Therefore they take you off their mailing list if you do not
~appear to be a valid address.
~
~Most spammer sites ignore bounced mail.
~
~Nope . . . . you are WRONG.
~After bouncing the mails that came to us after my husband's little
~lapse, WE DO NOT RECEIVE ANY SPAM on that mailbox.

Mailwasher downloaded and installed. Neat.

I'll give it a go and let you know what happens next time an antispam
thread appears!

--
jane

Mark Twain