Old 24-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Druss

Default Help - Lime Tree

"Tiger303" wrote in message
s.com...
bought a lime tree end of summer and its started to flower but never
really developed any fruits due to reduced light.

anyways moved couple of weeks ago and despite being in a room with
greater light levels its dropping leaves every day with some branches
almost bare.

i cut the remaining flowers off to try and help, as i thought this may
b something to do with it as maybe the plant thought it spring after i
bought it for some reason. i have feed & misted the plant very week but
this doesn't seemed to have helped.

your help is much appreciated as its looking very sorry next to my year
old and healthly lemon tree.
--
Tiger303

My eperience is with Lemon, but they are the same family so here goes, they
don't seem to like a change of conditions, from cooler to warmer or warmer
to cooler, it's okay if it's really gradual, but they always seem to react
funny if I move them from one to another.

Having said that just lately my best cropper has been suffering very badly
from a scale insect infestation and this is leading to large scale
"deforestation" on my little lemon tree. I've had to pick/scrap these pests
off by hand and then sprayed with something obnoxious, which I hate doing.
The other real nasty pest which may cause this is the RedSpider mite, give
your plant a really good check over and make sure there's nothing like this
on it.

Good luck
Duncan