Old 24-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Rhiannon S

Default OT. new antispam laws in the US

Subject: OT. new antispam laws in the US
From: Jaques d'Alltrades
Date: 24/11/2003 11:17 GMT Standard Time
snip
That list has been superceded by new ones. I can promise you that you
*WILL* get spam on it from time-to-time, when a random address generator
aims at your ISP.

As an experiment a couple of weeks ago I created a new aol screen name. All I
did was create it and leave. I've never used it.

I checked it on Sunday, there were of 50 bits of spam, to a name never used.
It just shows how much is random generation on the "someone must have that
name" principle.

--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/