Old 24-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Jane Lumley

Default Encyclopedia of Roses

In article , Tim Tompkins
writes
Could this be "Modern Roses XI"?

It has been available in the US for more than a year. One feature I
particulary like is the CD. It includes all the information in the printed
volume and is very convient to search.

I don't recall seeing anything from the American Rose Society about an new
encyclopedia.

No, this is a new book by Charles Quest-Ritson, president of the UK rose
Society. It's actually very impressive, with lovely photos and some
good pithy comments.

Tim

"Daniel Hanna" wrote in message
shome.com.au...
The new Royal Horticultural Society Enyclopedia of Roses is out. (There
is a rebadged version by the American Rose Society sold in the US).
I've just found it here in Oz - looks like Dymocks and Angus & Robertson
are selling it for A$75 or so.

That's got me covered for Christmas this year!

Has anyone actually got the book? Both sites say it's shipping now
although the publication date is allegedly 31 December 2003. It's
definitely shipping in the UK and US.

--
Jane Lumley