Old 24-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default OT. new antispam laws in the US

The message
from martin contains these words:

I checked it on Sunday, there were of 50 bits of spam, to a name
never used.
It just shows how much is random generation on the "someone must have that
name" principle.

What did you call yourself?

We have 4 e-mail addresses based on our family christian names.
My daughter's christian name is not so common, her unused account was
overflowing with spam within a few weeks. My son has a very common
christian name and his mailbox created at the same time was still
empty a year after I created the account for him.

Luck of the draw. I'd guess that it randomly generates a numeric address
rather than guessing at usernames.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)