Old 24-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Shepherd

Default blowers

"Spud Demon" wrote in message
J Kolenovsky writes in article

dated Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:38:47 -0600:
Sherwin Durbren, right on! Lets target leaf blowers, 2 cycle
motorcycles, jet-ski's, all 2 cycle motors, and snowmobiles. (did I
leave any other 2 cycles out?) =

2-stroke motorcycles are already illegal to ride on public roads (in the
US). Jetski's stink if you're downwind, so do 2-stroke snowmobiles
probably. I wouldn't ban 'em but when I buy one I'll get 4-stroke.

The only advantage to 2-stroke engines is they are lighter than a 4-stroke
engine with the same power output. So it makes sense to make 2-stroke
chainsaws and hand-carry leaf blowers. As I said in an earlier post, I've
been put off those blowers because of the short (100 hr) engine life.

My neighbor who's a manager at a lawn company got out his blower-on-wheels
the other day, I don't know if it's 2- or 4-stroke. But it really did the
job quick! He made one pass right next to his house and most of the

leaves
went into the street, 40' away. I think he did one more pass at 20',

total
time 1 minute.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

If you could find out the name of that blower and post it here I'm sure many
of us would like to check out buying one.

Shepherd