Old 24-11-2003, 04:22 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Why Mulch ??

Mark:
I believe the best place would be on the north side of the house, if
that is possible.... I use my garage for all of my trees that are not
tropical or sub tropical. I lay a bunch of cinderblocks in a doule row
on the floor in an inverted "u" shape. I place my trees in between the
cinder blocks and cover with mulch. Weekly, I can then walk in between
the double row of blocks and check to see if they need watering. Last
Winter, which was unusually severe, I watered twice the whole winter.

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

Mark Hill wrote:

Thanks (as usual) Nina and Craig .... the process seems much clearer now.
I was planning on over-wintering my trees in an unheated greenhouse, but I'm
sure that trees left on the benches will freeze and thaw with the small
amount of sunlight they receive every day.
As much as I hate to, I guess I'd better bury my trees outside in a shaded
area between the house and fence where they'll get almost no sunlight and
mounds of snow.

I sure hope this works ..... the thought of loosing my new creations scares
me death!!

Mark
(reluctant newbie!!)

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++