Old 24-11-2003, 04:43 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Help - Lime Tree

"Druss"wrote in message ...
..

Having said that just lately my best cropper has been suffering very badly
from a scale insect infestation and this is leading to large scale
"deforestation" on my little lemon tree. I've had to pick/scrap these

pests
off by hand and then sprayed with something obnoxious, which I hate doing.

These are a constant pest on Citrus but can be dealt with by blasting them
off with your sprayer filled with a couple of drips of washing up liquid and
pumped up to max and kept there. Takes time but start at the top and work
down every stem checking every leaf and especially the nooks and crannies.
Recently was given another Lemon tree by a neighbour that was emigrating and
it was covered with scale of all sizes such that the stems were totally
hidden, it took three thorough goes to get rid of it which was three
soakings for me to. :-)
If I'd have left it then all our citrus would have been the same come
spring.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.