Old 24-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Shelly Hurd

Default [IBC] Why Mulch ??

Mark,

I'm not sure that the A. palmatum - Bloodgood - will survive being outdoors. Other's in YOUR area certainly know better, but I protect mine -here- from excessively long cold spells, a phrase which here means, more that a few days in the mid to upper 20's
. I'd freak out if I had to leave them in the snow.

What say you frigid folk?
Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9