Old 24-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Dioscorea batatas (hardy Yam)

The message

| Any idea what these were? I've saves them for planting... (When asked,
| the assistant said: "Artichokes.")

Possible fusee Jerusalem artichokes. They are a very distinct
variant.

Definitely - much easier to scrape, I'd guess.

I've just molished a sooper new soop: scrub and boil artichokes.

Put some fish trimmings in a casserole with some milk or water - cod
cheeks, cod tails, etc, and cook on defrost.

Remove skin and any bones.

Liquidise fish with its juice.

Liquidise artichokes in some of thir water.

Put fish skin and bones back in the casserole and simmer in milk or
artichoke water.

Mix macerated fish and artichokes in a casserole and add juice from fish
skins, bones etc.

Add some finely chopped parsley and a little black pepper.

Place casserole in low oven or in microwave on defrost setting.

One of my better efforts, I think. It is *VERY* thick and really scrumptious.

--
Rusty Hinge

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)