Old 06-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Theo Asir

Default UT Roland's Favorite Soil Amendment Theory was, More Better Blooms

I want to say quit it it you two.

But this is getting interesting.

Cue Joe Doe.

Theo

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.cd74be4618ba5499298562ee88c8fb86 @1044564622.cotse.net...
"Roland" of University of Texas' Institute for Cellular and Molecular
Biology wrote:

I am not alone in thinking that clay is good. Let me provide the

opinion
of several Rose authorities:

snips IMPRESSIVE list of other people who love clay

Very nice. I still disagree.

So even if you assume I am an idiot

Now, now, Roland, when Shiva thinks someone is an idiot, she tends to say
things like "Idiot!" Ask anyone.

snips more Clay Worshipping

You are obsessed with drainage

Drainage is the LEAST of my obessions, duckie.

So your universal advice to ³get rid of clay² is ill founded and ill
informed. Your posts have other examples where you are in fact ill
informed but seeing the tone of your replies to me I will let you
discover your other delusions by yourself.

Thank you, Roland, for allowing me to keep some of my illusions, er,
delusions. As for my tone, you came here with a bug up your butt. (As you
well know, that is Texan for "chip on your shoulder." This is a discussion
group. I voiced an opinion, you disagree, I disagree with you. So what?
People are growing roses all kinds of different ways. My way has worked
for five years. Yours has worked for ... ? Do you even GROW roses, Roland,
or is the theory and a testosterone-driven need to be RIGHT all you need?

You¹ve also raised some side issues in your reply to me and others

(Texas
is flat

I said EAST Texas, Roland. And unless you folks have made some major
changes since I lived there for several years, it IS flat, and exactly as
I described it. You live in Austin, which is quite hilly, and by Texas
standards, rather pretty. I have stayed at the Driscoll quite often.

S numerous gratuitous insults etc. etc) that I do not have the time
or desire to disabuse you of.

Roland

Now now. There there. Etc. This is a discussion group. Don't go away mad!