Old 24-11-2003, 10:00 PM
David

Default OT. new antispam laws in the US

In article , martin
writes
So how do you account for the fact that we now receive no spam on that
mail box?

I don't know, unless something else has changed but it is a fact that
the spammers don't send from valid addresses (unless they're using an
unsuspecting host) they really *don't* see any replies (bounced or
otherwise).
The bit about they only use valid email addresses, well, they would say
that anyway wouldn't they
When the huge increase in junk started a while back I set up the
rejection rules to bounce most of it but it's still coming, 138 rejected
this morning with 7 getting through, I'm continually reviewing the rules
to fine tune.
One of the most popular addresses is which
is an easy one to block, I reject anything from aol and yahoo plus a few
smaller ones and unrecognised email names. I must admit there is a small
amount of satisfaction is seeing stuff bounced, is that sad?

Don't Demon offer a spam tagging service David?

How does that work Martin? I've had a text chat with them and they
didn't mention it, they suggested bouncing or deleting but were very
sorry there was nothing they could do...
--
David