Old 24-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Show questions

A small addition to this discussion: local societies (and, I hope ours this
year) are beginning to insert a rule for growers that requires plants that
are not generally suitable for a particular area to be labeled as such.
E.g. cool growers are generally unsuitable for our part of Florida. If a
newbie takes a fancy to a plant and doesn't understand that the FL heat will
fry it, that individual may well give up on the hobby after the plant keels
over dead. Not fair to the newbie.

To be fair, most growers present plants that are good FL growers, but there
are exceptions.

Diana