Old 25-11-2003, 12:06 AM

Default [IBC] winter care

Jim:

What we don't understand is why you put UP with it.

I'd be willing to bet that virtually none of us would ever give
up our "winter" season for one of yours. I know I wouldn't. If
I never see another snowflake on anything but a Christmas card,
I'll die happy.

I'm in South Dakota. The high today was 18F or so. With the winds, the
windchill was below zero most of the day. We just got 5 inches of snow...so
7 inches for the month now.

Winters aren't so bad. My wife, daughter, and I were outside yesterday
rolling around in the fluffy white stuff. It was relatively warm...around
20F.

This is about as far south as I want to live, and my wife informs me that
this is as far north as we're going to live, so we're pretty much stuck at
this latitude.

I can deal with the cold. Add another layer. On the other hand, I hate the
heat. After a certain point, public decency laws kick in and I'm told I
can't take any more clothes off. The only part that I'd really like to
trade away is the lack of sun in the winter. I don't like it when the sun
rises after 8a and sets before 4:30p.

Next year, I'm going to have to get some tropical plants so I can play with
'em during the winter. I'm afraid to buy any now...don't think they'd
survive the shipping.

Eric