Old 25-11-2003, 02:45 AM
Mike Patterson

Default Pond level DROPS after heavy rain?

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:30:00 GMT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

Mike,

Could you put a stone curb along the edge of the patio to raise the edge and
divert the runoff of the patio away from the pond?

You could put rock in the pond, but I am one of the no rocks in my pond, now
or ever. Rocks can cause real problems for cleaning a pond and give
anaerobic bacteria good places to work on the debris that builds up between
the rocks, giving off hydrogen sulfide which is very toxic to the fish.
Flat slates laid on the bottom would provide the weight, but not the number
of places for the mulm.

I think I'll try moving a few of the patio stones, just enough to dig
a small drainage trench and fill it with pea gravel. Hopefully that,
combined with the new drainage ditch farther up the hill will be
enough to keep most of the water runoff out.

Probably place a few large rounded stones on the bottom as well.

Thanks for the ideas & help from everyone!

Mike
Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

The question isn't "are there weapons of mass destruction?",
the question is "who has them now?"

http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/...ny/default.asp
http://www.strategypage.com/iraqwar/iraqweaponsgap.asp