Old 25-11-2003, 09:04 AM
Ruth

Default Substitute for horticultural fleece?

Victoria Clare wrote in message 8.207...
(Ruth) wrote in news:1a410f23.0311240942.5366e115
@posting.google.com:

Hello there

I have a couple of nice pineapple sage plants but from what I have
read they will need some frost protection. snip

Horticultural fleece is good because it protects the plant without
preventing air circulating and allowing it to get enough light.

Anything else you use needs to be transparent.

snip

Or if you have an old window or some perspex and some bricks, you could
simply build a basic cold-frame round them and dismantle it in the spring.

Many thanks for that Victoria - yes, I think that a cold frame may be
the way to go, I have a few bits and pieces I can use. The plants have
grown like mad this year so I wouldn't like to lose them!

All the best

Ruth