Old 25-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Butternut seeds

The message
from lid (Rodger Whitlock) contains
these words:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:03:47 +0100, Steunenberg.Willem wrote:

From a friend of mine I have received the following seeds.

Butternut Squash
And
Butternut Barbara.

These seeds come from a professional lot and the packaging does not
give any
indication how and when to grow them.

Can someone help me.

Sow after your last frost. Give them plenty of sun and plenty of
room. The mature squash will keep all winter long in a cool, well
ventilated place.

Are squash not much grown in France?

I plant cucurbits in pots in the middle to the end of March and plant
them out when risk of frost has gone.

Plant them in really rich soil in a sunny spot and keep them
well-watered. Very well watered.

This may have been said before - I missed the first few posts.

--
Rusty Hinge

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)