Old 25-11-2003, 05:12 PM
MLEBLANCA

Default Southern Shrub

In article .net,
"Broomhilda" writes:

There is a shrub that grows at least from North Carolina to mid-Florida. It
grows 4-5 feet tall. Has plumy white flowers and is in bloom now. I know
this is a very brief description but I have not had a chance to see it up
close.

Pixi
Is this a plant growing in the wild?, If so whe fields, meadow, mountains,
woods, creeks????
Describe "plumy" wide at the bottom with a narrow pointed tip?
rounded cluster?
Are you sure this is not a seed head rather than flowers?
Leaves?
Stems coming from ground with little branching or many branches?

some late blooming things that came to mind:
Eupatorium
Heracleum (cow parsnip)
Melilotus (white sweet clover)

Try to get a closer look and it would help

Emilie
Norcal