Old 25-11-2003, 09:02 PM
Shell

Default New Orchids

Just got three new orchids for the collection. The first is a species
orchid Encyclia Tampensis, and is mounted on a piece of wood. It has an
interesting flower that is a kind of greenish-orange-yellow with some bright
pink and is a preiously bloomed plant so I can expect flowers next summer
The second is a hybrid seedling from the cross of Lc. Trick or Treat & L.
milleri called Lc. Tropical Treat and is a Catt. The Catt should have
red-orange flowers with a little yellow and is blooming size. The third is
Epidendrum pseudepidendrum x floribundum and is a seedling that may be near
blooming size. It will have green flowers with gold/orange lips. I'm
slowly taking over the dining room

I'm partial to the reds, oranges, and greens, and some of the purples as far
as flowers go although some of the pinks and whites are beautiful too.
Anyone else buy by color preference when they add to thier collection or do
you buy by flower type or species preferences? Just wondering what makes
others buy a particular orchid

Shell