Old 25-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Excess water

Hello all
Could some kind person please advise me with regards to my
Trident Maple Group of 13 they about 5 yrs old and they stand on
a base in the corner of my garden which is in Berkshire England
it has rained non stop for the last week and I am wondering
weather to put it in my garden shed to save it getting water
logged and rotting the roots is this advisable.Thank you

Tony

=============

If they are in a shallow flat pot (as I suppose they might be)
water won't drain real well. You should keep the pot sitting at
a slight slant -- lengthwise -- to help the water drain to one of
the drainage holes at an end.

Of course, if the maples have lost their leaves, they'll probably
do OK in an unheated shed over the winter. Just don't forget
that they need _occasional_ water.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++