Old 26-11-2003, 03:22 AM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Potted Azalea

(Wishy13764) wrote:

I have it in a 7" inch pot that has been outside since spring. Its the hardy
variety, but I know if I leave it outside in that size of a pot, the soil
would freeze and the temp goes down. I'm in NYC. I brought it inside, the
leaves are healthy looking. Can i continue to 'groom' this pot indoors and
put it outside again in the spring? Will it go dormant inside? Should I
withold watering?

Some azaleas can be kept indoors like house plants. Others need a rest
period. Most florist azaleas, even hardy ones, can be kept like house
plants. Many field grown plants need to go dormant. This means reduced
temperature, reduced light and reduced moisture. I ideal place is an
attached garage or other unheated area with a small window.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman