Old 26-11-2003, 03:52 AM
agnatha3141 agnatha3141 is offline
Registered User

Location: florida, usa
Default New Orchids

Just wondering what makes
others buy a particular orchid

Shell [/b][/quote]

i sometimes wonder also how many people like me try to find the ones that most people call ugly and hard to care for. i am also extremely partial to buying several different strange genera at once, so that really hardcore orchid people will say "wow youve heard of pescatorea" and think that i know a lot. the truth is, when you buy a bunch of crazy genera that only grow in the cloud forests of ecuador, or in one small part of madagascar, you forget simple things like not watering a phal before nightfall, and you (or at least i) lose sight of how really pretty the more "common" orchids are. so every once in a while i buy a phal or cattleya at the local grocery store to rekindle my attraction to them.