Old 26-11-2003, 06:02 AM
Susan Erickson

Default hair instead of sphagnum?

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:06:18 GMT, agnatha3141
wrote:

so, tell me if this is weird, because i am kind of new to orchids.
one of the local vendors here in florida is using human hair to pot
orchids in. this seems so strange. has anyone heard of it?

Only as a 'fertilizer for roses.' My mother-in-law used to
collect hair to put on her roses. When she had a hairdresser she
trusted, she would ask for the waste clippings for the day - or
week. Other wise it was natural fall from anyone close to her
collection bag.

But I have never heard of anyone using it on any other plant.
SuE