Old 26-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Shell

Default New Orchids

I like things that are more unusual or even just less common mostly because
I don't like following the crowd I think. If everyone and thier brother are
buying Oncidiums I'll be out there looking for a Restrepia or a Stanhopia.
I think the search is almost as fun as owning that hard to find species.

Shell

"agnatha3141" wrote in message
s.com...
agnatha3141 wrote:
*Just wondering what makes
others buy a particular orchid

Shell *

i sometimes wonder also how many people like me try to find the ones
that most people call ugly and hard to care for. i am also extremely
partial to buying several different strange genera at once, so that
really hardcore orchid people will say "wow youve heard of pescatorea"
and think that i know a lot. the truth is, when you buy a bunch of
crazy genera that only grow in the cloud forests of ecuador, or in one
small part of madagascar, you forget simple things like not watering a
phal before nightfall, and you (or at least i) lose sight of how really
pretty the more "common" orchids are. so every once in a while i buy a
phal or cattleya at the local grocery store to rekindle my attraction
to them. [/b]
--
agnatha3141