Old 26-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Sue da Nimm

Default sowing in tubes

"John Towill" wrote in message
.. .

I intend sowing into carboard tubes this spring, and would like a little
advice.
First can I plant on with tube, or should I slide the plant out?

We plant our sweet peas and runner beans in cardboard tubes. The sweet peas
go straight into the ground in the tube and always thrive. We peel the card
off the runners though, as we had one poor year and didn't know whether it
was caused by the tubes or not.
Secondly I am best placing the tubes in a tray of gravel and watering
through the gravel?

We stack the tubes 28 to a seed tray and tie round with string. That's it.