Old 26-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] Cordia Myxa

I write to them because yesterday recibi three planitnes of CORDIA MYXA, brought it to the Argentina of seeds of Egypt, say that with the wood of this arbol towards the ataudes of the Pharaohs. If somebody knows well this species gustaria me who commentd
out on this plant.
I burn for all
Cristian Cangaro

Hi Cristian!

Cordia is used for rope (Cordia? Rope?), the leaves are used as cattle fodder in India, and the fruit has anti-inflammatory properties. It is also known as "Assyrian plum". It is in the Boraginaceae and is considered an invasive weed. So you may be doin
g Argentina a terrible disservice by growing this plant: make sure it doesn't get loose!

Someone described it as "a small tree with large, entangled branches. Looking from the ground, it looks a crazy puzzle or a bird´s nest". That sounds promising for bonsai.

Hey Jim, it's introduced into Florida- ever seen it?

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++