Old 26-11-2003, 02:32 PM
jane

Default Is it too late to plant bulbs?

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:59:23 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

~Tony Bull24/11/03 5:23
.
~com
~
~ ojunk (GoldDustRhiannon) wrote in message
~ ...
~ Both my garden centre and B&Q have replaced their bulb sections with Xmas
~ junk.
~ I guess this means I've left it too late to put in some bulbs for spring
~ flowers? Grrrr.
~
~ Lorraine
~
~ It's probably too late for daffodils but most others should be o.k.
~ But as one writer said you may not get many flowers in the first season.
~ Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk
~
~We're just getting round to putting in tulip bulbs now. BTW, has anyone
~else heard/read/known that burying them about 8" deep makes them display
~better year after year?

You mean like Sarah Raven said on GW the other week?

I hadn't heard it until then.

--
jane

Mark Twain