Old 26-11-2003, 05:13 PM
Tom La Bron

Default beautiful baby koi....

Theo,

The swelling of the food was the main reason I suggested that the food used
be broken up into small pieces and/or soft foods used. When I was trying
this I used "Meow Mix" which is a soft food.

The reason I stick with Aquaculture foods is because they have a lot more of
the vitamins needed by fish than foods for land animals and they usually
also have a higher vit C content than land animal foods. Another thing is
that most of your Aquaculture foods are now making sure that Omega-three
additives are making it into their foods. But when all is said and done the
main reason is that most of your Aquaculture foods are a lot cheaper when
bought in bulk. The amounts of food that I feed I certainly can't afford
$14 a pound much less $25 a pound.

Tom L.L.
"Theo van Daele" wrote in message
news
Tom,

What about the idea that cat food can swell incredibly in water, not a
real
problem for cats, but Koi having almost no stomach to speak of, isn't that

real risk ?

Can I also ask why you decided to stick to aquaculture food now ?

Theo

"Tom La Bron" schreef in bericht
Judi,

First of all, you have seen a number of people chime in and tell you

that
they are feeding Cat food to their fish with great results. Personally,
over the years I have feed my fish Cat food, but in the last 10 years I

have
stuck with foods that are aquaculture related for feeding my stock.