Old 26-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Peter Jason

Default Bouganvillia

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
I am growing a violet and white bouganvilliea along a fence trellis,

but
does anyone know how far from the parent plant this can be done?

I have seen them spread 8 m or more but if you want to cover a long
fence you will get a better and quicker result with several plants (say)
4-5 m apart.

What does your neighbour think of the thorny leaders heading over the
fence?

David

My neighbour has a feral garden; it is one big thicket. Not only is it
inpenetratable, but one of his ivys had crawled up another neighbour's sheer
brick wall and smothered it completely. Colonies of birds breed in this ivy
and their screeching, twittering and cawing keep me awake at 4.00 in the
morning. I hope my bouganvillea will camoflage the hideous mess.