Old 26-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Shell

Default New Orchids

Here's the URL for the ebay auction I bought. It has a picture of both
parents. It also seemed to be a fairly reasonable price and the seller
sends instructions too, which is a big selling point in my book

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=25 463&rd=1

The seller is Evolution Orchids in Florida

Shell

"K Barrett" wrote in message
That cross sounds interesting. The India Rose Sherwood parent has one

award
('Lincoln' HCC 79) and the description of the flower sounds very
interesting: 6 full star shaped flowers well held on one upright
inflorescence; flowers slightly cupped; sepals and petals rich deep

cardinal
red; lip dark cherry red with yellow-orange side lobes, striped and

suffused
with paler cherry red; texture glistening; substance heavy; lip cut as in
Slc. Naomi Kerns. (The cross is Slc. Naomi Kerns x C. Chocolate Drop). By
any chance was the source Gold Country Orchids?

What sounds good to me is the description that the inflorescence is

upright
and flowers well held. I'm gettign sick of floppy spikes. (But that could
also be due to my poor motherhood.) I like a flower that stands right up

and
looks you on the eye. George King 'Serendipity' always does that (for me
anyway). Its about as bulletproof as you can get.

K Barrett

"Shell" wrote in message
.com...
I think I can grow the cool growers because my house is usually just a

shade
warmer than a meat locker I was born and raised in the southwest but

my
genes are definitely far north. I'm worried about the warm growers

doing
well. I broke down and bought a few new orchids (somebody stop me )

Catt. bicolor, and a flask (my first) of a hybrid C. Angelwalker x Slc.
India Rose Sherwood.

Shell