Old 26-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Dave Bell

Default My web site costs me too much money!

On 26 Nov 2003, Bill Spohn wrote:

I paid a few hundred to get fishpondinfo.com up and on the net. Now, they
got me since I went over bandwidth quota!

I use http://www.citymax.com/ and get 500 pages/photos/products for $19.95 a
month, as well as being able to set it up myself.

Not bad marketing plan for a web host, Bill. I absolutely could NOT find
any "normal" limits, like megabytes of storage or transfers, but maybe
they don't even have such, just limiting you to "items".

I wrote to Robyn, but thought I'd toss it out here as weel, since so many
people have chimed in...

I have used PowWeb.com for a small business (contracting, no e-commerce in
my case) and for hosting several other pages and collections. Been with
them for almost two years, and had absolutely zero known downtime, and no
other problems. They basically have one package at one price. I pay $7.77
per month (on an annual basis = $93.24), and get 1000 MB of storage, 65 GB
a month of bandwidth, and 650 POP3/SMTP email addresses. Very hard to beat
for service! Robyn seems to be paying about $20 per month for 300 MB and
10 GB of bandwidth. Formerly, she was paying a bit less, but they were
killing her for over-bandwidth charges.

Look into them, next time anyone wants to put up a web page!

Dave