Old 27-11-2003, 05:22 AM
Gail Futoran

Default My web site costs me too much money!

"Robyn Rhudy" wrote in message

I paid a few hundred to get fishpondinfo.com up and on the

net. Now, they
got me since I went over bandwidth quota!
They got me triply. Got bill today for Oct - $85+. Since

I didn't know
in time, will get one next month for this month. Plus, I

asked for an
upgrade to prevent this - $79.68 per YEAR (not month).

So, they cost
me $251.16 today just because I don't know how to monitor
bandwidth. They told me, just delete my files! Perhaps I

should delete
it all! No one wants to pay to advertize on my site. I

make less than
$100 a day at my torture job. So, how do I pay for this

all?! I spend
$15,000 a year on my animals, fish, and ponds. I get

nothing but pain in
return for all my work. Plus, I complain too much.

Perhaps because I'm
always exhausted, sick, in pain, and working non-stop.

They won't let me
have Friday off (haven't had a vacation all year).

So, what to do?
1. Delete my site.
2. Move my site to another provider.
3. Snooker some loser into paying me money to advertize.

(I have one
paying advertizer that covered the initial setup only).
4. Pray some more to die.
5. Stop complaining and pay the fees because I'm such a

loser.

$251.16 in one day for a web site that I should be paid

for! I guess
that's better than the $900 in one day for an emergency

trip to the vet!
So, I should be grateful and thankful my life is just so

perfect!
My ponds are turning into cesspools since I don't have

time. Haven't read
a pond book or magazine or any topic in over a year (pile

of 95 mags, 180
books!). I love to read but never again. Ok, now that

you all hate me, I
have the solution! Stop visiting my crappy site! Thus,

my bandwidth
won't go over again!

You got some really good recommendations here and I hope you
can implement some. Some of my favorite fan sites have had
to take drastic measures to stay afloat and even less fancy
they are still well worth visiting. I hope you are able to
work something similar for your site. You've put too much
work into it and it's too valuable a resource to disappear.

So I vote for 2. and 6., with 6. being reduce your site in
some manageable way that will let it continue to exist.

Gail