Old 27-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default Seaside Garden Help please

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:01:00 -0000, "J Rogers"
wrote:

Hi

Are there any good books / leaflets with suggestions for a seaside

garden.

"Seaside Gardening" by Christine Kelway, Collingridge, 1962, and/or
"Shrubs for the Milder Counties" by W. Arnold-Forster, Country Life,
1948. Both long out of print, but you may be able to get them
second-hand (try the Advanced Book Exchange http://www.abebooks.com ).
If you have the choice, get Kelway's book in preference to the other:
it'll be a lot cheaper and anyway I reckon she cribbed quite a lot
from Arnold-Forster, whom she knew quite well.

Arnold Fosters book has been updated (not revised) and reprinted and is
priced £25. I have a copy of the new version and find its a handy reference.
because gardening has moved on there is a project underway to write a new
book (Gardening on the edge) which will take his ideas a stage further.
I can put you in touch with the publisher if interested.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk