Old 27-11-2003, 02:02 PM
John Towill

Default Is there anyone there?

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:52:09 -0000, John Flax wrote:

Phew! What a relief!

Let me explain,

The phone system here was struck by lightning yesterday. The local computer
service shop has, so far, had to fit 40 new modems. Having been struck by
lightning earlier this year I was concerned that my new modem had again
been affected.

My normal check is to send myself an email but this didn't work yesterday;
my email to myself went to the 'Deleted Items' folder instead of uploading
to Outlook Express. I decided to put something on uk.rec.gardening as there
had been no traffic for some hours. I suppose gardeners go to bed early!

Can anyone tell me why I cannot talk to myself now!

"John Flax" wrote in message

Maybe you have more intelligence than we think, and have kill filed
yourself! :-)
Cheers
John T

--
All e-mails and attachments are virus checked with Norton before sending.