Old 27-11-2003, 03:12 PM

Default Greenhouse roof insulation?

I built an attached greenhouse (sunroom, attrium?) to our main house
in Missouri. It is 12X28 feet supported with 4 ducts from our home's
heating and cooling system. Currently the roof is clear CPVC (tuftex)
panels on 2 X 6 rafters with purlins. Picture is available at
http://historicwarsaw.com/ Have seen much discussion regarding clear
insulation and had some questions.

Where can someone get the clear poly inflatable for between the
rafters? Do you buy the material in rolls and fabricate your own, or
buy them pre fab.

What is a good supplier? Can anyone suggest any other alternatives,
suppliers, etc? I checked out Charlie's Greenhouse Supplies, but I
think their transparent insulation would be unsuitable to be between
rafters agains the corrugated style roofing.

Would that be a good insulator in the roof?

I moved my orchids inside before the insulation was in place because
of the cold weather. Am loving the room because the orchids did not
sulk this year after moving them in, (Vanda and Phals in spike, catts
blooming, nothing has blasted yet) but I think it may be a little cool
at night. It gets down to about 50 d F. using the ducts available.
With colder weather coming I wanted to be able to at least maintain or
improve the current night temperatures. Day temps are around 70d F
daytime Depending on the clouds. Retractible shade cloth will be
added in the spring.

Thanks,

Nancy