Old 27-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Salty Thumb

Default Carnivorous plants

wrote in news:rh8trvo8jejbcfql0402mco2qidbtcf9rv@
4ax.com:

(George B) wrote:

I wanted to start a venus flytrap garden in an
aquarium and was afraid of what it may do to my cat or dog. What if
the animals ate the plants??

http://www.humane-so-arizona.org/Poisonous%20plants.pdf

According to this, all parts of a venus flytrap are toxic if ingested.

I'd suggest nixing the idea of venus flytraps if you have animals.

You'll probably have problem with pets and plants if you feed the plants
meat. Eventually Snoppy or Garfield will smell it, get curious and
probably redecorate your aquarium.

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of carnivorous plants are poisonous, given
they would probably need protection from starving herbivores that wandered
into a bog with not much else edible around.