Old 27-11-2003, 11:42 PM
paghat

Default Carnivorous plants

I have a carniverous plant query so might as well insert it into this
existing thread. My White Topped Pitcher Plant got trampled to the ground
by a racoon a year ago & never fully recovered; it tried but did not
succeed in producing even one full trumpet this rest of the year. It's
still alive; it produced long tall unfinished trumpets, but they never got
to the point where it could "eat." The "rootball" is minimal & merely
anchors it, I don't believe it gets ANY nourishment from the soil. So, is
there any chance this plant may still bounce back next year? Without
having caught even one moth or bug, it seems it'll have to be even weaker
next year than it was this past year so is just doomed. It was so pretty
before the racoon got it. Will I have to give up & get another one
altogether??

-paghat

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"